I am Post-Doctoral Fellow at INRIA Bordeaux (France), with the LFANT team, and will be an instructor at Bates College for the Winter 2011 semester. I am on the job market and seeking academic employment that begins in September 2011 (or sooner). You may find some of my job application materials, such as a CV, research statement, and teaching statement below.
Key Words: Number Theory, Algebraic Number Theory, Computational Number Theory, Cryptography, Arithmetic Geometry
I am interested all aspects of number theory, with a focus on computational aspects of number fields and function fields. I am particularly interested in field tabulation and efficient computation of invariants associated with number fields and function fields. In my doctoral dissertation, I developed a method for quickly tabulating cubic function fields by generalizing the previous work of Belabas on cubic number fields. Details can be found in my thesis.
- Slides from my recent talk in the LFANT seminar are available to download below. (12/02/10)
- I will be working at Bates College during the Winter 2011 semester. (11/17/10)
- My preprint titled "Tabulation of Cubic Function Fields Via Polynomial Binary Cubic Forms", based on some of my thesis work that concerning cubic function field tabulation, has been submitted and is now available below under "Preprints and Publications", and on arXiv via arXiv:1004.4785. (04/28/10)
Preprints and Publications
- P. Rozenhart, M. Jacobson Jr. and R. Scheidler, Tabulation of Cubic Function Fields Via Polynomial Binary Cubic Forms, submitted. [PDF | arXiv:1004.4785].
- P. Rozenhart, M. Jacobson Jr. and R. Scheidler, Computing quadratic function fields with high 3-rank via cubic field tabulation, preprint. [PDF | arXiv:1003.1287].
- E. Landquist, P. Rozenhart, R. Scheidler, J. Webster and Q. Wu,
An explicit treatment of cubic function fields with applications, Canadian Journal of Mathematics 62 (2010), no. 4, 787-807. Paper is in PDF format, and is also available here.
- P. Rozenhart and R. Scheidler, Tabulation of cubic function
fields with imaginary and unusual Hessian, Proceedings of the Eighth Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS VIII), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5011, 357-370, 2008. Paper is in PDF format.
- P. Rozenhart, Fast Tabulation of Cubic Function Fields, PhD Thesis, University of Calgary, 2009. Thesis is in PDF format.
Job Application Materials