Welcome to Jean Esterle's Home Page
Professor of Mathematics
UFR Mathématiques et Informatique
351 cours de la Libération
33405 Talence, cedex
tel.: +33 (0) 5 56 84 61 19
- "La décomposition de Jordan-Chevalley et ses retombées en
enseignement" with Danielle Couty and Rachid Zarouf, Click here for a preprint.
- "Boundary values of analytic semigroups and associated norm
estimates", with Isabelle Chalendar and Jonathan Partington. To
appear in Proc. Bedlewo Conference on Banach Algebras, Banach Center publications. Click here for a preprint.
- "Distances between elements of a semigroup and estimates for derivatives" with Zohra Bendaoud, Isabelle Chalendar and Jonathan
Partington. To appear in Acta Math. Sinica. Click here for a preprint.
- "Factorisations spaciales", with Gilles Cassier. J. Operator Theory 62 (2009), no. 1, 111--123.
Click here for a preprint.
- "The spectrum of some compressions of unilateral shifts", with
Sebastien Dubernet. St. Petersburg Math. J. 20 (2009), no. 5, 737--748. Click here for a preprint.
- "Operators of Read type are never orbit
Integral Equations Operator Theory 63 (2009), no. 4, 591--593. Click here for a preprint.
See here for a complete list of publications
I do most of my teaching at ESTIA, an emerging engeneering school
located at Bidart,
with a beautiful view of the western
Pyrénées. Click here for more information.
Notices about current courses,
No notices at the moment.
- I participate in the ANR project Analyse harmonique et problemes inverses
- I have been the main coordinator for the EU Research Training
Network on Classical Analysis, Operator Theory, Geometry of Banach
Spaces, their interplay and their applications.
- Click here to find the site of the Analysis group at Université Bordeaux 1.
- The following links are to people who work on areas related to